SENCO Essentials: Identifying Special Educational Needs Post-Lockdown
This 30 minute prerecorded training is the first in a series of SENCO Essential courses.
The training is suitable for both SENCOs and class teachers. It will explore the issues around identifying pupils with Special Educational Needs and provide the opportunity to:
- consider the impact of Covid and remote learning on pupils’ progress;
- reflect on the different areas of need and barriers to progress;
- consider the different modes of assessment and contributions of teachers and parents/ carers to the Assess-Plan-Do-Review cycle;
- reflect on and signpost to the range of tools available to teachers and SENCOs to support identification of SEND;
- consider next steps in updating each cohort of pupils with SEND.