Preparing for a 'Deep Dive' in EYFS
The phrase ‘deep dive’ is the latest terminology to come from Ofsted’s renewed focus on the curriculum.
This 45 minute prerecorded course will support you in developing your subject specific ‘eye' so that you are better able to evaluate the effectiveness of EYFS within your setting.
- Consider intent, impact and implementation in your Early Years: Why do you plan what you do, why do you teach how you do in your EYFS? How can you evidence/ justify this?
- Sample ‘deep dive’ questions
- To look at and discuss what makes an effective observation.
- To feel more confident to observe, interact, question and challenge staff and pupils within the Early Years.
- To gain a greater understanding of ‘play’ and the impact that ‘play-based’ learning can have.
- To develop a greater understanding of the role of the adult in play.