Mark Making in EYFS
There are a variety of mark making milestones that must be developed and achieved before actual writing.
The very youngest of our children begin the process of mark making through gross motor skills and messy play activities. As children grow their marks change and become more obvious, leading to fine motor activities and ultimately handwriting.
This 25-minute prerecorded training course looks at:
- the key messages for early mark making
- where mark making sits within the current and new EYFS framework
- the physical development needed prior to mark making
- developing mark making in the under 2’s, Nursery and Reception children
- activity ideas for early mark making
- the role of the adult in early mark making