Gap and Strength Analysis in EYFS
This 15-minute prerecorded course is designed to support Early Years leaders, teachers and support staff to gain a greater understanding of the importance of ‘Gap Analysis’ in the Early Years.
This course will discuss strategies for analysing gaps in pupil data and consider approaches to closing these gaps with high quality planning and play-based learning.
- To understand the term ‘gap analysis’
- To explore different methods for completing gap and strength analysis of your cohort
- To look at ways that you can develop aspects of your provision to meet/ reflect these needs
- To explore planning formats to show how you are addressing gap analysis needs
- To explore ways in which you can evidence ‘gap analysis’ and its outcomes
- To explore ways to support ALL staff in understanding the ‘gaps and strengths’ of your cohort and how adult interaction is key to engagement and progress
The training will make explicit links to the Early Year’s Foundation Stage Framework and Development Matters.